Diagnosis Code K66
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K66 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- ascites (R18.-)
- peritoneal effusion (chronic) (R18.8)
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Peritonitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - secondary (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peritonitis - spontaneous (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retroperitoneal inflammation (Medical Encyclopedia)