Diagnosis Code K09
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K09 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Includes Notes: Includes Notes
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- lesions showing histological features both of aneurysmal cyst and of another fibro-osseous lesion
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- cysts of jaw (M27.0-, M27.4-)
- radicular cyst (K04.8)
Information for Patients
Your mouth is one of the most important parts of your body. Any problem that affects your mouth can make it hard to eat, drink or even smile.
Some common mouth problems include
- Cold sores - painful sores on the lips and around the mouth, caused by a virus
- Canker sores - painful sores in the mouth, caused by bacteria or viruses
- Thrush - a yeast infection that causes white patches in your mouth
- Leukoplakia - white patches of excess cell growth on the cheeks, gums or tongue, common in smokers
- Dry mouth - a lack of enough saliva, caused by some medicines and certain diseases
- Gum or tooth problems
- Bad breath
Treatment for mouth disorders varies, depending on the problem. Keeping a clean mouth by brushing and flossing often is important.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome - NIH (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)
- Gum biopsy
- Lichen planus
- Mouth sores
- Mouth ulcers
- Mucous cyst
- Perioral dermatitis