Diagnosis Code H04.519
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code H04.519 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 375.57 - Dacryolith (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Inflamed lacrimal canaliculus with calculus
- Lacrimal canaliculus inflamed
- Stenosis and insufficiency of lacrimal passages
- Tear drainage disorder
Information for Patients
You may only think of tears as those salty drops that fall from your eyes when you cry. Actually, your tears clean your eyes every time you blink. Tears also keep your eyes moist, which is important for your vision.
Tear glands produce tears, and tear ducts carry the tears from the glands to the surface of your eye. Problems with the tear system can include too many tears, too few tears, or problems with the tear ducts. Treatment of the problem depends on the cause.
- Blocked tear duct (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dry eye syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Watery eyes (Medical Encyclopedia)