Valid for Submission
H04.539 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of neonatal obstruction of unspecified nasolacrimal duct. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H04.539 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction or neonatal obstruction of nasolacrimal duct or obstruction of nasolacrimal duct.
The code H04.539 is applicable to newborn patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-newborn patient.
|Short Description:||Neonatal obstruction of unspecified nasolacrimal duct|
|Long Description:||Neonatal obstruction of unspecified nasolacrimal duct|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Perinatal/Newborn diagnoses - Newborn. Age of 0 years; a subset of diagnoses intended only for newborns and neonates (e.g., fetal distress, perinatal jaundice).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction
- Neonatal obstruction of nasolacrimal duct
- Obstruction of nasolacrimal duct
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H04.539 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H04.539 to ICD-9
- 375.55 - Neonatal nasolacrml obst (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Disorders of eyelid, lacrimal system and orbit (H00-H05)
Disorders of lacrimal system (H04)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020