Use the alphabetical index for the main term swelling (of) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Swelling (of) - R60.9 Edema, unspecified
- abdomen, abdominal (not referable to any particular organ) - See: Mass, abdominal;
- ankle - See: Effusion, joint, ankle;
- arm - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- forearm - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- breast - See Also: Lump, breast; - N63.0 Unspecified lump in unspecified breast
- Calabar - B74.3 Loiasis
- cervical gland - R59.0 Localized enlarged lymph nodes
- chest, localized - R22.2 Localized swelling, mass and lump, trunk
- ear - H93.8 Other specified disorders of ear
- extremity (lower) (upper) - See: Disorder, soft tissue, specified type NEC;
- finger - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- foot - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- glands - R59.9 Enlarged lymph nodes, unspecified
- hand - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- head (localized) - R22.0 Localized swelling, mass and lump, head
- inflammatory - See: Inflammation;
- intra-abdominal - See: Mass, abdominal;
- joint - See: Effusion, joint;
- leg - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- lower - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- limb - See: Disorder, soft tissue, specified type NEC;
- localized (skin) - R22.9 Localized swelling, mass and lump, unspecified
- chest - R22.2 Localized swelling, mass and lump, trunk
- head - R22.0 Localized swelling, mass and lump, head
- lower - See: Mass, localized, limb, lower;
- upper - See: Mass, localized, limb, upper;
- neck - R22.1 Localized swelling, mass and lump, neck
- trunk - R22.2 Localized swelling, mass and lump, trunk
- neck (localized) - R22.1 Localized swelling, mass and lump, neck
- pelvic - See: Mass, abdominal;
- scrotum - N50.89 Other specified disorders of the male genital organs
- splenic - See: Splenomegaly;
- testis - N50.89 Other specified disorders of the male genital organs
- toe - M79.89 Other specified soft tissue disorders
- umbilical - R19.09 Other intra-abdominal and pelvic swelling, mass and lump
- wandering, due to Gnathostoma (spinigerum) - B83.1 Gnathostomiasis
- white - See: Tuberculosis, arthritis;
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to swelling (of) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Ankle: The region of the lower limb between the FOOT and the LEG.
Arm: The superior part of the upper extremity between the SHOULDER and the ELBOW.
Breast: In humans, one of the paired regions in the anterior portion of the THORAX. The breasts consist of the MAMMARY GLANDS, the SKIN, the MUSCLES, the ADIPOSE TISSUE, and the CONNECTIVE TISSUES.
Ear: The hearing and equilibrium system of the body. It consists of three parts: the EXTERNAL EAR, the MIDDLE EAR, and the INNER EAR. Sound waves are transmitted through this organ where vibration is transduced to nerve signals that pass through the ACOUSTIC NERVE to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. The inner ear also contains the vestibular organ that maintains equilibrium by transducing signals to the VESTIBULAR NERVE.
Fingers: Four or five slender jointed digits in humans and primates, attached to each HAND.
Foot: The distal extremity of the leg in vertebrates, consisting of the tarsus (ANKLE); METATARSUS; phalanges; and the soft tissues surrounding these bones.
Forearm: Part of the upper extremity in humans and primates extending from the ELBOW to the WRIST.
Hand: The distal part of the arm beyond the wrist in humans and primates, that includes the palm, fingers, and thumb.
Head: The upper part of the human body, or the front or upper part of the body of an animal, typically separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs.
Joints: Also known as articulations, these are points of connection between the ends of certain separate bones, or where the borders of other bones are juxtaposed.
Leg: The inferior part of the lower extremity between the KNEE and the ANKLE.
Extremities: The farthest or outermost projections of the body, such as the HAND and FOOT.
Neck: The part of a human or animal body connecting the HEAD to the rest of the body.
Scrotum: A cutaneous pouch of skin containing the testicles and spermatic cords.
Testis: The male gonad containing two functional parts: the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES for the production and transport of male germ cells (SPERMATOGENESIS) and the interstitial compartment containing LEYDIG CELLS that produce ANDROGENS.
Toes: Any one of five terminal digits of the vertebrate FOOT.
European Continental Ancestry Group: Individuals whose ancestral origins are in the continent of Europe.