Valid for Submission
H50.51 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of esophoria. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H50.51 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like esophoria or esophoria of bilateral eyes or esophoria of left eye or esophoria of right eye or incomitant esophoria.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code H50.51 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Esophoria of bilateral eyes
- Esophoria of left eye
- Esophoria of right eye
- Incomitant esophoria
- ESOTROPIA-. a form of ocular misalignment characterized by an excessive convergence of the visual axes resulting in a "cross eye" appearance. an example of this condition occurs when paralysis of the lateral rectus muscle causes an abnormal inward deviation of one eye on attempted gaze.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H50.51 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H50.51 to ICD-9
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Disorders of ocular muscles, binocular movement, accommodation and refraction (H49-H52)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021