Diagnosis Code H82.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Manifestation diagnoses Manifestation diagnoses
Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 386.8 - Disorders labyrinth NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Epileptic vertigo
Information for Patients
Dizziness and Vertigo
When you're dizzy, you may feel lightheaded, woozy, or disoriented. If you feel like you or the room are spinning, you have vertigo. These feelings may make you lose your balance.
Dizziness can have many different causes. A sudden drop in blood pressure or being dehydrated can make you dizzy. Many people feel lightheaded if they get up too quickly from sitting or lying down. Certain medicines and problems with your inner ear may cause dizziness. So can motion sickness. Sometimes dizziness can be a symptom of other disorders.
As people get older, they may have more health problems and take more medicines. This makes them more likely to have problems with dizziness and balance.
Dizziness usually gets better by itself or is easily treated. If you are dizzy often, you should see your health care provider to find the cause.
NIH: National Institutes of Health
- Benign positional vertigo (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Benign positional vertigo -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dizziness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dizziness and vertigo -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electronystagmography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epley maneuver (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Labyrinthitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vertigo-associated disorders (Medical Encyclopedia)