"Instability" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- emotional (excessive) - F60.3 Borderline personality disorder
- joint (post-traumatic) - M25.30 Other instability, unspecified joint
- ankle - M25.37 Other instability, ankle and foot
- due to old ligament injury - See: Disorder, ligament;
- elbow - M25.32 Other instability, elbow
- flail - See: Flail, joint;
- foot - M25.37 Other instability, ankle and foot
- hand - M25.34 Other instability, hand
- hip - M25.35 Other instability, hip
- knee - M25.36 Other instability, knee
- prosthesis - See: Complications, joint prosthesis, mechanical, displacement, by site;
- secondary to
- old ligament injury - See: Disorder, ligament;
- removal of joint prosthesis - M96.89 Other intraoperative and postprocedural complications and disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- shoulder (region) - M25.31 Other instability, shoulder
- wrist - M25.33 Other instability, wrist
- knee (chronic) - M23.5 Chronic instability of knee
- nervous - F48.8 Other specified nonpsychotic mental disorders
- personality (emotional) - F60.3 Borderline personality disorder
- spine - See: Instability, joint, spine;
- vasomotor - R55 Syncope and collapse
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Ankle: The region of the lower limb between the FOOT and the LEG.
Elbow: Region of the body immediately surrounding and including the ELBOW JOINT.
Foot: The distal extremity of the leg in vertebrates, consisting of the tarsus (ANKLE); METATARSUS; phalanges; and the soft tissues surrounding these bones.
Hand: The distal part of the arm beyond the wrist in humans and primates, that includes the palm, fingers, and thumb.
Hip: The projecting part on each side of the body, formed by the side of the pelvis and the top portion of the femur.
Knee: A region of the lower extremity immediately surrounding and including the KNEE JOINT.
Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.
Wrist: The region of the upper limb between the metacarpus and the FOREARM.