2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z59.811
Housing instability, housed, with risk of homelessness
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Housing instability
- Housing instability due to imminent risk of homelessness
- Clinical Category:
- Socioeconomic/psychosocial factors
- CCSR Category Code:
- Inpatient Default CCSR:
- X - Not applicable.
- Outpatient Default CCSR:
- X - Not applicable.
- Housing Instability - this encompasses a number of challenges, such as having trouble paying rent, living in overcrowded conditions, moving frequently, living with friends or relatives out of necessity, being unhoused, or spending the bulk of household income (>50%) on housing. (https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-health/interventions-resources/housing-instability)
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The following annotation back-references are applicable to this diagnosis code. The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10-CM codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more.
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Imminent risk of homelessness
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10-CM Code Edits are applicable to this code:
Present on Admission (POA)
CMS POA Indicator Options and Definitions
|POA Indicator||Reason for Code||CMS will pay the CC/MCC DRG?|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|W||Clinically undetermined - unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|1||Unreported/Not used - Exempt from POA reporting.||NO|
Z59811 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10-CM code(s):
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022