Not Valid for Submission
B41 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of paracoccidioidomycosis. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- B41.0 - Pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosis
- B41.7 - Disseminated paracoccidioidomycosis
- B41.8 - Other forms of paracoccidioidomycosis
- B41.9 - ... unspecified
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code B41:
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- Brazilian blastomycosis
- Lutz' disease
- PARACOCCIDIOIDOMYCOSIS-. a mycosis affecting the skin mucous membranes lymph nodes and internal organs. it is caused by paracoccidioides brasiliensis. it is also called paracoccidioidal granuloma. superficial resemblance of p. brasiliensis to blastomyces brasiliensis blastomyces may cause misdiagnosis.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020