Diagnosis Codes in MS-DRG 437 - MALIGNANCY OF HEPATOBILIARY SYSTEM OR PANCREAS WITHOUT CC/MCC
The Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group or MS-DRG is a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). This is the group for Diagnosis Codes in MS-DRG 437 - MALIGNANCY OF HEPATOBILIARY SYSTEM OR PANCREAS WITHOUT Complication Comorbidity/Major Complication or Comorbidity diseases in version MS-DRG V41.0 applicable from 10/01/2023 through 09/30/2024.
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight||Geometric LOS||Arithmetic LOS|
|437||MALIGNANCY OF HEPATOBILIARY SYSTEM OR PANCREAS WITHOUT CC/MCC||07||0.8311 Relative Weight
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
|0.83 Geometric Length of Stay
The geometric mean length of stay (GMLOS) is used by Medicare to calculate the reimbursement for patients whose medical treatment takes a much longer or shorter time than average.
|2.40 Arithmetic Length of Stay
The average length of stay (ALOS) reflects the average number of days a patient spends in a hospital for each admission.
List of ICD-10-CM Codes in Diagnostic Related Group
- C22.0 Liver cell carcinoma
- C22.1 Intrahepatic bile duct carcinoma
- C22.2 Hepatoblastoma
- C22.3 Angiosarcoma of liver
- C22.4 Other sarcomas of liver
- C22.7 Other specified carcinomas of liver
- C22.8 Malignant neoplasm of liver, primary, unspecified as to type
- C22.9 Malignant neoplasm of liver, not specified as primary or secondary
- C23 Malignant neoplasm of gallbladder
- C25.0 Malignant neoplasm of head of pancreas
- C25.1 Malignant neoplasm of body of pancreas
- C25.2 Malignant neoplasm of tail of pancreas
- C25.3 Malignant neoplasm of pancreatic duct
- C25.4 Malignant neoplasm of endocrine pancreas
- C25.7 Malignant neoplasm of other parts of pancreas
- C25.8 Malignant neoplasm of overlapping sites of pancreas
- C25.9 Malignant neoplasm of pancreas, unspecified
- C78.7 Secondary malignant neoplasm of liver and intrahepatic bile duct
- C7B.02 Secondary carcinoid tumors of liver
- D01.5 Carcinoma in situ of liver, gallbladder and bile ducts
- D37.6 Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of liver, gallbladder and bile ducts