Use the alphabetical index for the main term prophylactic to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- administration of
- medication - Z79.899 Other long term (current) drug therapy
- organ removal (for neoplasia management) - Z40.00 Encounter for prophylactic removal of unspecified organ
- breast - Z40.01 Encounter for prophylactic removal of breast
- fallopian tube (s) - Z40.03 Encounter for prophylactic removal of fallopian tube(s)
- with ovary (s) - Z40.02 Encounter for prophylactic removal of ovary(s)
- ovary (s) - Z40.02 Encounter for prophylactic removal of ovary(s)
- specified site NEC - Z40.09 Encounter for prophylactic removal of other organ
- surgery - Z40.9 Encounter for prophylactic surgery, unspecified
- specified NEC - Z40.8 Encounter for other prophylactic surgery
- vaccination - Z23 Encounter for immunization
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to prophylactic within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Breast: In humans, one of the paired regions in the anterior portion of the THORAX. The breasts consist of the MAMMARY GLANDS, the SKIN, the MUSCLES, the ADIPOSE TISSUE, and the CONNECTIVE TISSUES.
Vaccination: Administration of vaccines to stimulate the host's immune response. This includes any preparation intended for active immunological prophylaxis.