- Pre-eclampsia - O14.9 Unspecified pre-eclampsia
- mild - O14.0 Mild to moderate pre-eclampsia
- moderate - O14.0 Mild to moderate pre-eclampsia
- severe - O14.1 Severe pre-eclampsia
- with hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count (HELLP) - O14.2 HELLP syndrome
- with pre-existing hypertension - See: Hypertension, complicating pregnancy, pre-existing, with, pre-eclampsia;
Pre-Eclampsia: A complication of PREGNANCY, characterized by a complex of symptoms including maternal HYPERTENSION and PROTEINURIA with or without pathological EDEMA. Symptoms may range between mild and severe. Pre-eclampsia usually occurs after the 20th week of gestation, but may develop before this time in the presence of trophoblastic disease.