"Osteophyte" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Osteophyte - M25.70 Osteophyte, unspecified joint
- ankle - M25.77 Osteophyte, ankle and foot
- elbow - M25.72 Osteophyte, elbow
- foot joint - M25.77 Osteophyte, ankle and foot
- hand joint - M25.74 Osteophyte, hand
- hip - M25.75 Osteophyte, hip
- knee - M25.76 Osteophyte, knee
- shoulder - M25.71 Osteophyte, shoulder
- spine - M25.78 Osteophyte, vertebrae
- vertebrae - M25.78 Osteophyte, vertebrae
- wrist - M25.73 Osteophyte, wrist
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Ankle: The region of the lower limb between the FOOT and the LEG.
Elbow: Region of the body immediately surrounding and including the ELBOW JOINT.
Foot Joints: The articulations extending from the ANKLE distally to the TOES. These include the ANKLE JOINT; TARSAL JOINTS; METATARSOPHALANGEAL JOINT; and TOE JOINT.
Hip: The projecting part on each side of the body, formed by the side of the pelvis and the top portion of the femur.
Knee: A region of the lower extremity immediately surrounding and including the KNEE JOINT.
Osteophyte: Bony outgrowth usually found around joints and often seen in conditions such as ARTHRITIS.
Shoulder: Part of the body in humans and primates where the arms connect to the trunk. The shoulder has five joints; ACROMIOCLAVICULAR joint, CORACOCLAVICULAR joint, GLENOHUMERAL joint, scapulathoracic joint, and STERNOCLAVICULAR joint.
Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.
Wrist: The region of the upper limb between the metacarpus and the FOREARM.