"Mucocele" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- appendix - K38.8 Other specified diseases of appendix
- buccal cavity - K13.79 Other lesions of oral mucosa
- gallbladder - K82.1 Hydrops of gallbladder
- lacrimal sac, chronic - H04.43 Chronic lacrimal mucocele
- nasal sinus - J34.1 Cyst and mucocele of nose and nasal sinus
- nose - J34.1 Cyst and mucocele of nose and nasal sinus
- salivary gland (any) - K11.6 Mucocele of salivary gland
- sinus (accessory) (nasal) - J34.1 Cyst and mucocele of nose and nasal sinus
- turbinate (bone) (middle) (nasal) - J34.1 Cyst and mucocele of nose and nasal sinus
- uterus - N85.8 Other specified noninflammatory disorders of uterus
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Appendix: A worm-like blind tube extension from the CECUM.
Gallbladder: A storage reservoir for BILE secretion. Gallbladder allows the delivery of bile acids at a high concentration and in a controlled manner, via the CYSTIC DUCT to the DUODENUM, for degradation of dietary lipid.
Nose: A part of the upper respiratory tract. It contains the organ of SMELL. The term includes the external nose, the nasal cavity, and the PARANASAL SINUSES.
Uterus: The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.