Use the alphabetical index for the main term metrorrhagia to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Metrorrhagia - N92.1 Excessive and frequent menstruation with irregular cycle
- climacteric - N92.4 Excessive bleeding in the premenopausal period
- menopausal - N92.4 Excessive bleeding in the premenopausal period
- perimenopausal - N92.4 Excessive bleeding in the premenopausal period
- postpartum NEC (atonic) (following delivery of placenta) - O72.1 Other immediate postpartum hemorrhage
- delayed or secondary - O72.2 Delayed and secondary postpartum hemorrhage
- preclimacteric or premenopausal - N92.4 Excessive bleeding in the premenopausal period
- psychogenic - F45.8 Other somatoform disorders
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to metrorrhagia within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Climacteric: Physiologic period, characterized by endocrine, somatic, and psychic changes with the termination of ovarian function in the female. It may also accompany the normal diminution of sexual activity in the male.
Metrorrhagia: Abnormal uterine bleeding that is not related to MENSTRUATION, usually in females without regular MENSTRUAL CYCLE. The irregular and unpredictable bleeding usually comes from a dysfunctional ENDOMETRIUM.