"Metaplasia" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- apocrine (breast) - See: Dysplasia, mammary, specified type NEC;
- cervix (squamous) - See: Dysplasia, cervix;
- endometrium (squamous) (uterus) - N85.8 Other specified noninflammatory disorders of uterus
- esophagus - K22.7 Barrett's esophagus
- kidney (pelvis) (squamous) - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- myelogenous - D73.1 Hypersplenism
- myeloid (agnogenic) (megakaryocytic) - D73.1 Hypersplenism
- spleen - D73.1 Hypersplenism
- squamous cell, bladder - N32.89 Other specified disorders of bladder
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Esophagus: The muscular membranous segment between the PHARYNX and the STOMACH in the UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT.
Metaplasia: A condition in which there is a change of one adult cell type to another similar adult cell type.
Spleen: An encapsulated lymphatic organ through which venous blood filters.