"Hypertrichosis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Hypertrichosis - L68.9 Hypertrichosis, unspecified
- congenital - Q84.2 Other congenital malformations of hair
- eyelid - H02.869 Hypertrichosis of unspecified eye, unspecified eyelid
- left - H02.866 Hypertrichosis of left eye, unspecified eyelid
- right - H02.863 Hypertrichosis of right eye, unspecified eyelid
- lanuginosa - Q84.2 Other congenital malformations of hair
- acquired - L68.1 Acquired hypertrichosis lanuginosa
- localized - L68.2 Localized hypertrichosis
- specified NEC - L68.8 Other hypertrichosis
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Eyelids: Each of the upper and lower folds of SKIN which cover the EYE when closed.
Hypertrichosis: Excessive hair growth at inappropriate locations, such as on the extremities, the head, and the back. It is caused by genetic or acquired factors, and is an androgen-independent process. This concept does not include HIRSUTISM which is an androgen-dependent excess hair growth in WOMEN and CHILDREN.