"Dactylitis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- bone - See: Osteomyelitis;
- sickle-cell - D57.00 Hb-SS disease with crisis, unspecified
- skin - L08.9 Local infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue, unspecified
- syphilitic - A52.77 Syphilis of bone and joint
- tuberculous - A18.03 Tuberculosis of other bones
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Bone and Bones: A specialized CONNECTIVE TISSUE that is the main constituent of the SKELETON. The principal cellular component of bone is comprised of OSTEOBLASTS; OSTEOCYTES; and OSTEOCLASTS, while FIBRILLAR COLLAGENS and hydroxyapatite crystals form the BONE MATRIX.
Skin: The outer covering of the body that protects it from the environment. It is composed of the DERMIS and the EPIDERMIS.