Clinical Terms for Other anemias (D64)
Sideroblastic Anemia-. Anemia characterized by the presence of erythroblasts containing excessive deposits of iron in the marrow.
Anemia, Dyserythropoietic, Congenital-. A familial disorder characterized by ANEMIA with multinuclear ERYTHROBLASTS, karyorrhexis, asynchrony of nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation, and various nuclear abnormalities of bone marrow erythrocyte precursors (ERYTHROID PRECURSOR CELLS). Type II is the most common of the 3 types; it is often referred to as HEMPAS, based on the Hereditary Erythroblast Multinuclearity with Positive Acidified Serum test.
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- refractory anemia (D46.-)
- refractory anemia WITH "With"
The word "with" should be interpreted to mean "associated with" or "due to" when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word "with" in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order. excess blasts in transformation [RAEB T] (C92.0-)
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Aplastic and other anemias and other bone marrow failure syndromes (D60-D64)
- D64 - Other anemias NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D64.0 - Hereditary sideroblastic anemia BILLABLE CODE
- D64.1 - Secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease BILLABLE CODE
- D64.2 - Secondary sideroblastic anemia due to drugs and toxins BILLABLE CODE
- D64.3 - Other sideroblastic anemias BILLABLE CODE
- D64.4 - Congenital dyserythropoietic anemia BILLABLE CODE
- D64.8 - Other specified anemias NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D64.81 - Anemia due to antineoplastic chemotherapy BILLABLE CODE
- D64.89 - Other specified anemias BILLABLE CODE
- D64.9 - Anemia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Other anemias (D64)