Valid for Submission
D64.1 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code D64.1 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like secondary acquired sideroblastic anemia or secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease.
|Short Description:||Secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease|
|Long Description:||Secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D64.1:
Code First Code First
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists, there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D64.1 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Manifestation diagnoses - Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Secondary acquired sideroblastic anemia
- Secondary sideroblastic anemia due to disease
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D64.1 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 811 - RED BLOOD CELL DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 812 - RED BLOOD CELL DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert D64.1 to ICD-9
- 285.0 - Sideroblastic anemia (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Aplastic and other anemias and other bone marrow failure syndromes (D60-D64)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020