Diagnosis Codes in MS-DRG 179 - RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS AND INFLAMMATIONS WITHOUT CC/MCC
The Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group or MS-DRG is a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). This is the group for Diagnosis Codes in MS-DRG 179 - RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS AND INFLAMMATIONS WITHOUT Complication Comorbidity/Major Complication or Comorbidity diseases in version MS-DRG V41.0 applicable from 10/01/2023 through 09/30/2024.
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight||Geometric LOS||Arithmetic LOS|
|179||RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS AND INFLAMMATIONS WITHOUT CC/MCC||04||0.7633 Relative Weight
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
|0.76 Geometric Length of Stay
The geometric mean length of stay (GMLOS) is used by Medicare to calculate the reimbursement for patients whose medical treatment takes a much longer or shorter time than average.
|2.50 Arithmetic Length of Stay
The average length of stay (ALOS) reflects the average number of days a patient spends in a hospital for each admission.
List of ICD-10-CM Codes in Diagnostic Related Group
- A02.22 Salmonella pneumonia
- A06.5 Amebic lung abscess
- A20.2 Pneumonic plague
- A21.2 Pulmonary tularemia
- A22.1 Pulmonary anthrax
- A31.0 Pulmonary mycobacterial infection
- A42.0 Pulmonary actinomycosis
- A43.0 Pulmonary nocardiosis
- A48.1 Legionnaires' disease
- A52.72 Syphilis of lung and bronchus
- B01.2 Varicella pneumonia
- B05.2 Measles complicated by pneumonia
- B25.0 Cytomegaloviral pneumonitis
- B37.1 Pulmonary candidiasis
- B44.0 Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis
- B58.3 Pulmonary toxoplasmosis
- B66.4 Paragonimiasis
- B67.1 Echinococcus granulosus infection of lung
- E84.0 Cystic fibrosis with pulmonary manifestations
- U07.1 COVID-19