"Rheumatic (acute) (subacute)" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Rheumatic (acute) (subacute)
- adherent pericardium - I09.2 Chronic rheumatic pericarditis
- chronic - I09.89 Other specified rheumatic heart diseases
- coronary arteritis - I01.8 Other acute rheumatic heart disease
- degeneration, myocardium - I09.0 Rheumatic myocarditis
- fever (acute) - See: Fever, rheumatic;
- heart - See: Disease, heart, rheumatic;
- myocardial degeneration - See: Degeneration, myocardium;
- myocarditis (chronic) (inactive) (with chorea) - I09.0 Rheumatic myocarditis
- pancarditis, acute - I01.8 Other acute rheumatic heart disease
- with chorea (acute (rheumatic) Sydenham's) - I02.0 Rheumatic chorea with heart involvement
- pericarditis (active) (acute) (with effusion) (with pneumonia) - I01.0 Acute rheumatic pericarditis
- pneumonia - I00 Rheumatic fever without heart involvement
- torticollis - M43.6 Torticollis
- typhoid fever - A01.09 Typhoid fever with other complications
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Heart: The hollow, muscular organ that maintains the circulation of the blood.
Pneumonia: Infection of the lung often accompanied by inflammation.
Torticollis: A symptom, not a disease, of a twisted neck. In most instances, the head is tipped toward one side and the chin rotated toward the other. The involuntary muscle contractions in the neck region of patients with torticollis can be due to congenital defects, trauma, inflammation, tumors, and neurological or other factors.
Typhoid Fever: An acute systemic febrile infection caused by SALMONELLA TYPHI, a serotype of SALMONELLA ENTERICA.