Use the alphabetical index for the main term rheumatism (articular) (neuralgic) (nonarticular) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Rheumatism (articular) (neuralgic) (nonarticular) - M79.0 Rheumatism, unspecified
- gout - See: Arthritis, rheumatoid;
- intercostal, meaning Tietze's disease - M94.0 Chondrocostal junction syndrome [Tietze]
- palindromic (any site) - M12.30 Palindromic rheumatism, unspecified site
- ankle - M12.37 Palindromic rheumatism, ankle and foot
- elbow - M12.32 Palindromic rheumatism, elbow
- foot joint - M12.37 Palindromic rheumatism, ankle and foot
- hand joint - M12.34 Palindromic rheumatism, hand
- hip - M12.35 Palindromic rheumatism, hip
- knee - M12.36 Palindromic rheumatism, knee
- multiple site - M12.39 Palindromic rheumatism, multiple sites
- shoulder - M12.31 Palindromic rheumatism, shoulder
- specified joint NEC - M12.38 Palindromic rheumatism, other specified site
- vertebrae - M12.38 Palindromic rheumatism, other specified site
- wrist - M12.33 Palindromic rheumatism, wrist
- sciatic - M54.4 Lumbago with sciatica
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to rheumatism (articular) (neuralgic) (nonarticular) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Ankle: The region of the lower limb between the FOOT and the LEG.
Elbow: Region of the body immediately surrounding and including the ELBOW JOINT.
Foot Joints: The articulations extending from the ANKLE distally to the TOES. These include the ANKLE JOINT; TARSAL JOINTS; METATARSOPHALANGEAL JOINT; and TOE JOINT.
Gout: Metabolic disorder characterized by recurrent acute arthritis, hyperuricemia and deposition of sodium urate in and around the joints, sometimes with formation of URIC ACID calculi.
Hip: The projecting part on each side of the body, formed by the side of the pelvis and the top portion of the femur.
Knee: A region of the lower extremity immediately surrounding and including the KNEE JOINT.
Shoulder: Part of the body in humans and primates where the arms connect to the trunk. The shoulder has five joints; ACROMIOCLAVICULAR joint, CORACOCLAVICULAR joint, GLENOHUMERAL joint, scapulathoracic joint, and STERNOCLAVICULAR joint.
Wrist: The region of the upper limb between the metacarpus and the FOREARM.