Clinical Terms for Adrenogenital disorders (E25)
Adrenogenital Syndrome-. Abnormal SEX DIFFERENTIATION or congenital DISORDERS OF SEX DEVELOPMENT caused by abnormal levels of steroid hormones expressed by the GONADS or the ADRENAL GLANDS, such as in CONGENITAL ADRENAL HYPERPLASIA and ADRENAL CORTEX NEOPLASMS. Due to abnormal steroid biosynthesis, clinical features include VIRILISM in females; FEMINIZATION in males; or precocious sexual development in children.
- adrenogenital syndromes, virilizing or feminizing, whether acquired or due to adrenal hyperplasia consequent on inborn enzyme defects in hormone synthesis
- Female adrenal pseudohermaphroditism
- Female heterosexual precocious pseudopuberty
- Male isosexual precocious pseudopuberty
- Male macrogenitosomia praecox
- Male sexual precocity with adrenal hyperplasia
- Male virilization (female)
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Disorders of other endocrine glands (E20-E35)