Not Valid for Submission
J70 is a non-specific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of respiratory conditions due to other external agents. The code is not specific and is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Specific Coding for Respiratory conditions due to other external agents
Non-specific codes like J70 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for respiratory conditions due to other external agents:
Information for Patients
When you breathe, your lungs take in oxygen from the air and deliver it to the bloodstream. The cells in your body need oxygen to work and grow. During a normal day, you breathe nearly 25,000 times. People with lung disease have difficulty breathing. Millions of people in the U.S. have lung disease. If all types of lung disease are lumped together, it is the number three killer in the United States.
The term lung disease refers to many disorders affecting the lungs, such as asthma, COPD, infections like influenza, pneumonia and tuberculosis, lung cancer, and many other breathing problems. Some lung diseases can lead to respiratory failure.
Dept. of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health
- Alveolar abnormalities (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Blood gases (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breath sounds (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chemical pneumonitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chest tube insertion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Coughing up blood (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lung disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lung PET scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pulmonary edema (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pulmonary function tests (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Solitary pulmonary nodule (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]