Clinical Terms for Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions (D69)
Allergic Purpura-. A systemic non-thrombocytopenic purpura caused by HYPERSENSITIVITY VASCULITIS and deposition of IGA-containing IMMUNE COMPLEXES within the blood vessels throughout the body, including those in the kidney (KIDNEY GLOMERULUS). Clinical symptoms include URTICARIA; ERYTHEMA; ARTHRITIS; GASTROINTESTINAL HEMORRHAGE; and renal involvement. Most cases are seen in children after acute upper respiratory infections.
Purpura Fulminans-. A severe, rapidly fatal reaction occurring most commonly in children following an infectious illness. It is characterized by large, rapidly spreading skin hemorrhages, fever, or shock. Purpura fulminans often accompanies or is triggered by DISSEMINATED INTRAVASCULAR COAGULATION.
Familial Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia Purpura-. An acquired, congenital, or familial disorder caused by PLATELET AGGREGATION with THROMBOSIS in terminal arterioles and capillaries. Clinical features include THROMBOCYTOPENIA; HEMOLYTIC ANEMIA; AZOTEMIA; FEVER; and thrombotic microangiopathy. The classical form also includes neurological symptoms and end-organ damage, such as RENAL FAILURE. Mutations in the ADAMTS13 PROTEIN gene have been identified in familial cases.
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- benign hypergammaglobulinemic purpura D89.0
- cryoglobulinemic purpura D89.1
- essential hemorrhagic thrombocythemia D47.3
- hemorrhagic thrombocythemia D47.3
- purpura fulminans D65
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura M31.1
- Waldenström hypergammaglobulinemic purpura D89.0
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Coagulation defects, purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions (D65-D69)
- D69 - Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D69.0 - Allergic purpura BILLABLE CODE
- D69.1 - Qualitative platelet defects BILLABLE CODE
- D69.2 - Other nonthrombocytopenic purpura BILLABLE CODE
- D69.3 - Immune thrombocytopenic purpura BILLABLE CODE
- D69.4 - Other primary thrombocytopenia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D69.41 - Evans syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- D69.42 - Congenital and hereditary thrombocytopenia purpura BILLABLE CODE
- D69.49 - Other primary thrombocytopenia BILLABLE CODE
- D69.5 - Secondary thrombocytopenia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D69.51 - Posttransfusion purpura BILLABLE CODE
- D69.59 - Other secondary thrombocytopenia BILLABLE CODE
- D69.6 - Thrombocytopenia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- D69.8 - Other specified hemorrhagic conditions BILLABLE CODE
- D69.9 - Hemorrhagic condition, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions (D69)