MS-DRG - 673 OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT PROCEDURES WITH MCC
The Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group or MS-DRG is a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). This is the group for MS-DRG - 673 OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT PROCEDURES WITH Major Complication or Comorbidity diseases in version MS-DRG V40.0 applicable from 10/01/2022 through 09/30/2023.
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight||Geometric LOS||Arithmetic LOS|
|673||OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT PROCEDURES WITH MCC||11||3.4940 Relative Weight
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
|8.00 Geometric Length of Stay
The geometric mean length of stay (GMLOS) is used by Medicare to calculate the reimbursement for patients whose medical treatment takes a much longer or shorter time than average.
|10.90 Arithmetic Length of Stay
The average length of stay (ALOS) reflects the average number of days a patient spends in a hospital for each admission.
ICD-10 Codes in Diagnostic Related Group
- E88.3 - Tumor lysis syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- N17.0 - Acute kidney failure with tubular necrosis BILLABLE CODE
- N17.1 - Acute kidney failure with acute cortical necrosis BILLABLE CODE
- N17.2 - Acute kidney failure with medullary necrosis BILLABLE CODE
- N17.8 - Other acute kidney failure BILLABLE CODE
- N17.9 - Acute kidney failure, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- N19 - Unspecified kidney failure BILLABLE CODE
- R34 - Anuria and oliguria BILLABLE CODE
- T79.5XXA - Traumatic anuria, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- T82.41XA - Breakdown (mechanical) of vascular dialysis catheter, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- T82.42XA - Displacement of vascular dialysis catheter, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- T82.43XA - Leakage of vascular dialysis catheter, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- T82.49XA - Other complication of vascular dialysis catheter, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- T86.11 - Kidney transplant rejection BILLABLE CODE
- T86.12 - Kidney transplant failure BILLABLE CODE
- T86.13 - Kidney transplant infection BILLABLE CODE
- T86.19 - Other complication of kidney transplant BILLABLE CODE