Use the alphabetical index for the main term hypofunction to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- adrenocortical - E27.40 Unspecified adrenocortical insufficiency
- adrenomedullary, postprocedural - E89.6 Postprocedural adrenocortical (-medullary) hypofunction
- cerebral - R29.818 Other symptoms and signs involving the nervous system
- corticoadrenal NEC - E27.40 Unspecified adrenocortical insufficiency
- intestinal - K59.8 Other specified functional intestinal disorders
- ovary - E28.39 Other primary ovarian failure
- pituitary (gland) (anterior) - E23.0 Hypopituitarism
- testicular - E29.1 Testicular hypofunction
- postprocedural (postsurgical) (postirradiation) (iatrogenic) - E89.5 Postprocedural testicular hypofunction
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to hypofunction within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Ovary: The reproductive organ (GONADS) in female animals. In vertebrates, the ovary contains two functional parts: the OVARIAN FOLLICLE for the production of female germ cells (OOGENESIS); and the endocrine cells (GRANULOSA CELLS; THECA CELLS; and LUTEAL CELLS) for the production of ESTROGENS and PROGESTERONE.