Other disorders of brain (G93)
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Other disorders of the nervous system (G89-G99)
- G93 - Other disorders of brain NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G93.0 - Cerebral cysts BILLABLE CODE
- G93.1 - Anoxic brain damage, not elsewhere classified BILLABLE CODE
- G93.2 - Benign intracranial hypertension BILLABLE CODE
- G93.3 - Postviral and related fatigue syndromes NON-BILLABLE CODE NEW CODE
- G93.31 - Postviral fatigue syndrome BILLABLE CODE NEW CODE
- G93.32 - Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome BILLABLE CODE NEW CODE
- G93.39 - Other post infection and related fatigue syndromes BILLABLE CODE NEW CODE
- G93.4 - Other and unspecified encephalopathy NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G93.40 - Encephalopathy, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- G93.41 - Metabolic encephalopathy BILLABLE CODE
- G93.49 - Other encephalopathy BILLABLE CODE
- G93.5 - Compression of brain BILLABLE CODE
- G93.6 - Cerebral edema BILLABLE CODE
- G93.7 - Reye's syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- G93.8 - Other specified disorders of brain NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G93.81 - Temporal sclerosis BILLABLE CODE
- G93.82 - Brain death BILLABLE CODE
- G93.89 - Other specified disorders of brain BILLABLE CODE
- G93.9 - Disorder of brain, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Other disorders of brain (G93)
Clinical Information for Other disorders of brain (G93)
Brain Death - A state of prolonged irreversible cessation of all brain activity, including lower brain stem function with the complete absence of voluntary movements, responses to stimuli, brain stem reflexes, and spontaneous respirations. Reversible conditions which mimic this clinical state (e.g., sedative overdose, hypothermia, etc.) are excluded prior to making the determination of brain death. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp348-9)
Pneumocephalus - Presence of air or gas within the intracranial cavity (e.g., epidural space, subdural space, intracerebral, etc.) which may result from traumatic injuries, fistulous tract formation, erosions of the skull from NEOPLASMS or infection, NEUROSURGICAL PROCEDURES, and other conditions.
Celiac Disease - A malabsorption syndrome that is precipitated by the ingestion of foods containing GLUTEN, such as wheat, rye, and barley. It is characterized by INFLAMMATION of the SMALL INTESTINE, loss of MICROVILLI structure, failed INTESTINAL ABSORPTION, and MALNUTRITION.
Slit Ventricle Syndrome - An intermittent and self-limiting headache disorder in individuals with CEREBROSPINAL FLUID SHUNTS emplaced for the treatment of HYDROCEPHALUS. The symptoms of headache, vomiting, and cranial neuropathies are associated with intermittent obstruction of the shunt.
Automatism - Automatic, mechanical, and apparently undirected behavior which is outside of conscious control.
Encephalomalacia - Softening or loss of brain tissue following CEREBRAL INFARCTION; cerebral ischemia (see BRAIN ISCHEMIA), infection, CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA, or other injury. The term is often used during gross pathologic inspection to describe blurred cortical margins and decreased consistency of brain tissue following infarction. Multicystic encephalomalacia refers to the formation of multiple cystic cavities of various sizes in the cerebral cortex of neonates and infants following injury, most notably perinatal hypoxia-ischemic events. (From Davis et al., Textbook of Neuropathology, 2nd ed, p665; J Neuropathol Exp Neurol, 1995 Mar;54(2):268-75)
Leukomalacia, Periventricular - Degeneration of white matter adjacent to the CEREBRAL VENTRICLES following cerebral hypoxia or BRAIN ISCHEMIA in neonates. The condition primarily affects white matter in the perfusion zone between superficial and deep branches of the MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. Clinical manifestations include VISION DISORDERS; CEREBRAL PALSY; PARAPLEGIA; SEIZURES; and cognitive disorders. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1021; Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1997, Ch4, pp30-1)