Valid for Submission
G93.7 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of reye's syndrome. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code G93.7 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like reye's syndrome.
The code G93.7 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Reye's syndrome|
|Long Description:||Reye's syndrome|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code G93.7:
Code First Code First
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists, there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation.
- poisoning due to salicylates, if applicable T39.0
Use Additional Code Use Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
- code for adverse effect due to salicylates, if applicable T39.0
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code G93.7 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- REYE SYNDROME-. a form of encephalopathy with fatty infiltration of the liver characterized by brain edema and vomiting that may rapidly progress to seizures; coma; and death. it is caused by a generalized loss of mitochondrial function leading to disturbances in fatty acid and carnitine metabolism.
Convert G93.7 to ICD-9
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Other disorders of the nervous system (G89-G99)
Other disorders of brain (G93)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020