Macrophage Activation Syndrome - A serious complication of childhood systemic inflammatory disorders that is thought to be caused by excessive activation and proliferation of T-LYMPHOCYTES and MACROPHAGES. It is seen predominantly in children with systemic onset JUVENILE IDIOPATHIC ARTHRITIS.
Necrobiotic Xanthogranuloma - A cutaneous necrobiotic disorder characterized by firm, yellow plaques or nodules, often in a periorbital distribution. It is often accompanied by an elevated ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE; LEUKOPENIA; and MONOCLONAL GAMMOPATHY (IgG-kappa type) and systemic involvement.
Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Abt- Letterer-Siwe disease C96.0
- eosinophilic granuloma C96.6
- Hand-Schüller-Christian disease C96.5
- histiocytic medullary reticulosis C96.9
- histiocytic sarcoma C96.A
- histiocytosis X, multifocal C96.5
- histiocytosis X, unifocal C96.6
- Langerhans-cell histiocytosis, multifocal C96.5
- Langerhans-cell histiocytosis NOS C96.6
- Langerhans-cell histiocytosis, unifocal C96.6
- leukemic reticuloendotheliosis C91.4
- lipomelanotic reticulosis I89.8
- malignant histiocytosis C96.A
- malignant reticulosis C86.0
- nonlipid reticuloendotheliosis C96.0