Clinical Terms for Gender identity disorders (F64)
Sexual and Gender Disorders-. Mental disorders related to sexual dysfunction, paraphilias, and gender identity disorders.
Gender Identity-. A person's concept of self as being male and masculine or female and feminine, or ambivalent, based in part on physical characteristics, parental responses, and psychological and social pressures. It is the internal experience of gender role.
Transsexualism-. Expression of a GENDER IDENTITY inconsistent with, or not culturally-associated with the gender assigned to an individual at birth, combined with the desire to permanently transition to the gender with which they identify.
Transvestism-. Disorder characterized by recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving cross-dressing in a heterosexual male. The fantasies, urges, or behaviors cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Disorders of adult personality and behavior (F60-F69)
- F64 - Gender identity disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F64.0 - Transsexualism BILLABLE CODE
- F64.1 - Dual role transvestism BILLABLE CODE
- F64.2 - Gender identity disorder of childhood BILLABLE CODE
- F64.8 - Other gender identity disorders BILLABLE CODE
- F64.9 - Gender identity disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Gender identity disorders (F64)