Valid for Submission
F64.2 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of gender identity disorder of childhood. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code F64.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like desire to become member of the opposite sex, gender dysphoria, gender dysphoria in childhood, gender identity disorder, gender identity disorder of childhood, identity disorder of childhood, etc
The code F64.2 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Gender identity disorder of childhood|
|Long Description:||Gender identity disorder of childhood|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code F64.2:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Gender dysphoria in children
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- gender identity disorder in adolescence and adulthood F64.0
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- sexual maturation disorder F66
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code F64.2 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Desire to become member of the opposite sex
- Gender dysphoria
- Gender dysphoria in childhood
- Gender identity disorder
- Gender identity disorder of childhood
- Identity disorder of childhood
Convert F64.2 to ICD-9
- 302.6 - Gendr identity dis-child (Approximate Flag)
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Disorders of adult personality and behavior (F60-F69)
Gender identity disorders (F64)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020