"Sarcoidosis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Sarcoidosis - D86.9 Sarcoidosis, unspecified
- combined sites NEC - D86.89 Sarcoidosis of other sites
- lung - D86.0 Sarcoidosis of lung
- and lymph nodes - D86.2 Sarcoidosis of lung with sarcoidosis of lymph nodes
- lymph nodes - D86.1 Sarcoidosis of lymph nodes
- and lung - D86.2 Sarcoidosis of lung with sarcoidosis of lymph nodes
- meninges - D86.81 Sarcoid meningitis
- skin - D86.3 Sarcoidosis of skin
- specified type NEC - D86.89 Sarcoidosis of other sites
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Lung: Either of the pair of organs occupying the cavity of the thorax that effect the aeration of the blood.
Lymph Nodes: They are oval or bean shaped bodies (1 - 30 mm in diameter) located along the lymphatic system.
Meninges: The three membranes that cover the BRAIN and the SPINAL CORD. They are the dura mater, the arachnoid, and the pia mater.
Sarcoidosis: An idiopathic systemic inflammatory granulomatous disorder comprised of epithelioid and multinucleated giant cells with little necrosis. It usually invades the lungs with fibrosis and may also involve lymph nodes, skin, liver, spleen, eyes, phalangeal bones, and parotid glands.
Skin: The outer covering of the body that protects it from the environment. It is composed of the DERMIS and the EPIDERMIS.