"Sarcoid" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Sarcoid - See Also: Sarcoidosis;
- arthropathy - D86.86 Sarcoid arthropathy
- Boeck's - D86.9 Sarcoidosis, unspecified
- Darier-Roussy - D86.3 Sarcoidosis of skin
- iridocyclitis - D86.83 Sarcoid iridocyclitis
- meningitis - D86.81 Sarcoid meningitis
- myocarditis - D86.85 Sarcoid myocarditis
- myositis - D86.87 Sarcoid myositis
- pyelonephritis - D86.84 Sarcoid pyelonephritis
- Spiegler-Fendt - L08.89 Other specified local infections of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Joint Diseases: Diseases involving the JOINTS.
Iridocyclitis: Acute or chronic inflammation of the iris and ciliary body characterized by exudates into the anterior chamber, discoloration of the iris, and constricted, sluggish pupil. Symptoms include radiating pain, photophobia, lacrimation, and interference with vision.
Meningitis: Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord, which consist of the PIA MATER; ARACHNOID; and DURA MATER. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage (HEMORRHAGES, SUBARACHNOID), chemical irritation (chemical MENINGITIS), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (CARCINOMATOUS MENINGITIS), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1994, Ch24, p6)
Myocarditis: Inflammatory processes of the muscular walls of the heart (MYOCARDIUM) which result in injury to the cardiac muscle cells (MYOCYTES, CARDIAC). Manifestations range from subclinical to sudden death (DEATH, SUDDEN). Myocarditis in association with cardiac dysfunction is classified as inflammatory CARDIOMYOPATHY usually caused by INFECTION, autoimmune diseases, or responses to toxic substances. Myocarditis is also a common cause of DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY and other cardiomyopathies.
Myositis: Inflammation of a muscle or muscle tissue.
Pyelonephritis: Inflammation of the KIDNEY involving the renal parenchyma (the NEPHRONS); KIDNEY PELVIS; and KIDNEY CALICES. It is characterized by ABDOMINAL PAIN; FEVER; NAUSEA; VOMITING; and occasionally DIARRHEA.