Use the alphabetical index for the main term cancer to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Cancer - See Also: Neoplasm, by site, malignant;
- bile duct type liver - C22.1 Intrahepatic bile duct carcinoma
- blood - See: Leukemia;
- breast - See Also: Neoplasm, breast, malignant; - C50.91 Malignant neoplasm of breast of unspecified site, female
- hepatocellular - C22.0 Liver cell carcinoma
- lung - See Also: Neoplasm, lung, malignant; - C34.90 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified part of unspecified bronchus or lung
- ovarian - See Also: Neoplasm ovary, malignant; - C56.9 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified ovary
- unspecified site (primary) - C80.1 Malignant (primary) neoplasm, unspecified
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to cancer within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Blood: The body fluid that circulates in the vascular system (BLOOD VESSELS). Whole blood includes PLASMA and BLOOD CELLS.
Breast: In humans, one of the paired regions in the anterior portion of the THORAX. The breasts consist of the MAMMARY GLANDS, the SKIN, the MUSCLES, the ADIPOSE TISSUE, and the CONNECTIVE TISSUES.
Lung: Either of the pair of organs occupying the cavity of the thorax that effect the aeration of the blood.