Clinical Terms for Other sexually transmitted chlamydial diseases (A56)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases-. Diseases due to or propagated by sexual contact.
Chlamydia-. A genus of the family CHLAMYDIACEAE whose species cause a variety of diseases in vertebrates including humans, mice, and swine. Chlamydia species are gram-negative and produce glycogen. The type species is CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS.
Chlamydia trachomatis-. Type species of CHLAMYDIA causing a variety of ocular and urogenital diseases.
Vulvovaginitis-. Inflammation of the VULVA and the VAGINA, characterized by discharge, burning, and PRURITUS.
Pruritus-. An intense itching sensation that produces the urge to rub or scratch the skin to obtain relief.
- sexually transmitted diseases due to Chlamydia
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission (A50-A64)
- A56 - Other sexually transmitted chlamydial diseases NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A56.0 - Chlamydial infection of lower genitourinary tract NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A56.00 - Chlamydial infection of lower genitourinary tract, unsp BILLABLE CODE
- A56.01 - Chlamydial cystitis and urethritis BILLABLE CODE
- A56.02 - Chlamydial vulvovaginitis BILLABLE CODE
- A56.09 - Other chlamydial infection of lower genitourinary tract BILLABLE CODE
- A56.1 - Chlamydial infection of pelviperitoneum and oth GU organs NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A56.11 - Chlamydial female pelvic inflammatory disease BILLABLE CODE
- A56.19 - Other chlamydial genitourinary infection BILLABLE CODE
- A56.2 - Chlamydial infection of genitourinary tract, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- A56.3 - Chlamydial infection of anus and rectum BILLABLE CODE
- A56.4 - Chlamydial infection of pharynx BILLABLE CODE
- A56.8 - Sexually transmitted chlamydial infection of other sites BILLABLE CODE
Other sexually transmitted chlamydial diseases (A56)