"Trichomoniasis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Trichomoniasis - A59.9 Trichomoniasis, unspecified
- bladder - A59.03 Trichomonal cystitis and urethritis
- cervix - A59.09 Other urogenital trichomoniasis
- intestinal - A07.8 Other specified protozoal intestinal diseases
- prostate - A59.02 Trichomonal prostatitis
- seminal vesicles - A59.09 Other urogenital trichomoniasis
- specified site NEC - A59.8 Trichomoniasis of other sites
- urethra - A59.03 Trichomonal cystitis and urethritis
- urogenitalis - A59.00 Urogenital trichomoniasis, unspecified
- vagina - A59.01 Trichomonal vulvovaginitis
- vulva - A59.01 Trichomonal vulvovaginitis
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Cervix Uteri: The neck portion of the UTERUS between the lower isthmus and the VAGINA forming the cervical canal.
Prostate: A gland in males that surrounds the neck of the URINARY BLADDER and the URETHRA. It secretes a substance that liquefies coagulated semen. It is situated in the pelvic cavity behind the lower part of the PUBIC SYMPHYSIS, above the deep layer of the triangular ligament, and rests upon the RECTUM.
Seminal Vesicles: A saclike, glandular diverticulum on each ductus deferens in male vertebrates. It is united with the excretory duct and serves for temporary storage of semen. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Urethra: A tube that transports URINE from the URINARY BLADDER to the outside of the body in both the sexes. It also has a reproductive function in the male by providing a passage for SPERM.
Vagina: The genital canal in the female, extending from the UTERUS to the VULVA. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Vulva: The external genitalia of the female. It includes the CLITORIS, the labia, the vestibule, and its glands.