Use the alphabetical index for the main term puberty (development state) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Puberty (development state) - Z00.3 Encounter for examination for adolescent development state
- bleeding (excessive) - N92.2 Excessive menstruation at puberty
- delayed - E30.0 Delayed puberty
- precocious (constitutional) (cryptogenic) (idiopathic) - E30.1 Precocious puberty
- premature - E30.1 Precocious puberty
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to puberty (development state) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Estrogens: Compounds that interact with ESTROGEN RECEPTORS in target tissues to bring about the effects similar to those of ESTRADIOL. Estrogens stimulate the female reproductive organs, and the development of secondary female SEX CHARACTERISTICS. Estrogenic chemicals include natural, synthetic, steroidal, or non-steroidal compounds.