"Measles (black) (hemorrhagic) (suppressed)" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Measles (black) (hemorrhagic) (suppressed) - B05.9 Measles without complication
- French - See: Rubella;
- German - See: Rubella;
- Liberty - See: Rubella;
- complications NEC - B05.89 Other measles complications
- encephalitis - B05.0 Measles complicated by encephalitis
- intestinal complications - B05.4 Measles with intestinal complications
- keratitis (keratoconjunctivitis) - B05.81 Measles keratitis and keratoconjunctivitis
- meningitis - B05.1 Measles complicated by meningitis
- otitis media - B05.3 Measles complicated by otitis media
- pneumonia - B05.2 Measles complicated by pneumonia
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Encephalitis: Inflammation of the BRAIN due to infection, autoimmune processes, toxins, and other conditions. Viral infections (see ENCEPHALITIS, VIRAL) are a relatively frequent cause of this condition.
Meningitis: Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord, which consist of the PIA MATER; ARACHNOID; and DURA MATER. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage (HEMORRHAGES, SUBARACHNOID), chemical irritation (chemical MENINGITIS), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (CARCINOMATOUS MENINGITIS), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1994, Ch24, p6)
Otitis Media: Inflammation of the MIDDLE EAR including the AUDITORY OSSICLES and the EUSTACHIAN TUBE.
Pneumonia: Infection of the lung often accompanied by inflammation.