"Low" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- achiever, school - Z55.3 Underachievement in school
- back syndrome - M54.5 Low back pain
- basal metabolic rate - R94.8 Abnormal results of function studies of other organs and systems
- birthweight (2499 grams or less) - P07.10 Other low birth weight newborn, unspecified weight
- extreme (999 grams or less) - P07.00 Extremely low birth weight newborn, unspecified weight
- for gestational age - See: Light for dates;
- with weight of
- 1000-1249 grams - P07.14 Other low birth weight newborn, 1000-1249 grams
- 1250-1499 grams - P07.15 Other low birth weight newborn, 1250-1499 grams
- 1500-1749 grams - P07.16 Other low birth weight newborn, 1500-1749 grams
- 1750-1999 grams - P07.17 Other low birth weight newborn, 1750-1999 grams
- 2000-2499 grams - P07.18 Other low birth weight newborn, 2000-2499 grams
- blood pressure - See Also: Hypotension;
- reading (incidental) (isolated) (nonspecific) - R03.1 Nonspecific low blood-pressure reading
- cardiac reserve - See: Disease, heart;
- function - See Also: Hypofunction;
- kidney - N28.9 Disorder of kidney and ureter, unspecified
- hematocrit - D64.9 Anemia, unspecified
- hemoglobin - D64.9 Anemia, unspecified
- income - Z59.6 Low income
- level of literacy - Z55.0 Illiteracy and low-level literacy
- kidney - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- organ or site, congenital - See: Malposition, congenital;
- output syndrome (cardiac) - See: Failure, heart;
- platelets (blood) - See: Thrombocytopenia;
- reserve, kidney - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- salt syndrome - E87.1 Hypo-osmolality and hyponatremia
- self esteem - R45.81 Low self-esteem
- set ears - Q17.4 Misplaced ear
- vision - H54.2X Low vision, both eyes, different category levels
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Basal Metabolism: Metabolism (e.g., heat production) of an organism in an inactive, awake, fasting state. It may be determined directly by means of a calorimeter or indirectly by calculating the end products of oxidation within the organism or from the amount of oxygen utilized.
Blood Pressure: PRESSURE of the BLOOD on the ARTERIES and other BLOOD VESSELS.
Hematocrit: The volume of packed RED BLOOD CELLS in a blood specimen. The volume is measured by centrifugation in a tube with graduated markings, or with automated blood cell counters. It is an indicator of erythrocyte status in disease. For example, ANEMIA shows a low value; POLYCYTHEMIA, a high value.
Hemoglobins: The oxygen-carrying proteins of ERYTHROCYTES. They are found in all vertebrates and some invertebrates. The number of globin subunits in the hemoglobin quaternary structure differs between species. Structures range from monomeric to a variety of multimeric arrangements.
Income: Revenues or receipts accruing from business enterprise, labor, or invested capital.
Kidney: Body organ that filters blood for the secretion of URINE and that regulates ion concentrations.