"Hyperfunction" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- adrenal cortex, not associated with Cushing's syndrome - E27.0 Other adrenocortical overactivity
- ovarian - E28.8 Other ovarian dysfunction
- pancreas - K86.89 Other specified diseases of pancreas
- parathyroid (gland) - E21.3 Hyperparathyroidism, unspecified
- pituitary (gland) (anterior) - E22.9 Hyperfunction of pituitary gland, unspecified
- specified NEC - E22.8 Other hyperfunction of pituitary gland
- polyglandular - E31.1 Polyglandular hyperfunction
- testicular - E29.0 Testicular hyperfunction
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Pancreas: A nodular organ in the ABDOMEN that contains a mixture of ENDOCRINE GLANDS and EXOCRINE GLANDS. The small endocrine portion consists of the ISLETS OF LANGERHANS secreting a number of hormones into the blood stream. The large exocrine portion (EXOCRINE PANCREAS) is a compound acinar gland that secretes several digestive enzymes into the pancreatic ductal system that empties into the DUODENUM.
Virilism: Development of male secondary SEX CHARACTERISTICS in the FEMALE. It is due to the effects of androgenic metabolites of precursors from endogenous or exogenous sources, such as ADRENAL GLANDS or therapeutic drugs.