Use the alphabetical index for the main term hyperemia (acute) (passive) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Hyperemia (acute) (passive) - R68.89 Other general symptoms and signs
- anal mucosa - K62.89 Other specified diseases of anus and rectum
- bladder - N32.89 Other specified disorders of bladder
- cerebral - I67.89 Other cerebrovascular disease
- conjunctiva - H11.43 Conjunctival hyperemia
- ear internal, acute
- enteric - K59.8 Other specified functional intestinal disorders
- eye - See: Hyperemia, conjunctiva;
- eyelid (active) (passive) - See: Disorder, eyelid, specified type NEC;
- intestine - K59.8 Other specified functional intestinal disorders
- iris - See: Disorder, iris, vascular;
- kidney - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- liver (active) - K76.89 Other specified diseases of liver
- lung (passive) - See: Edema, lung;
- pulmonary (passive) - See: Edema, lung;
- renal - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- retina - H35.89 Other specified retinal disorders
- stomach - K31.89 Other diseases of stomach and duodenum
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to hyperemia (acute) (passive) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Conjunctiva: The mucous membrane that covers the posterior surface of the eyelids and the anterior pericorneal surface of the eyeball.
Eye: The organ of sight constituting a pair of globular organs made up of a three-layered roughly spherical structure specialized for receiving and responding to light.
Intestines: The section of the alimentary canal from the STOMACH to the ANAL CANAL. It includes the LARGE INTESTINE and SMALL INTESTINE.
Iris: The most anterior portion of the uveal layer, separating the anterior chamber from the posterior. It consists of two layers - the stroma and the pigmented epithelium. Color of the iris depends on the amount of melanin in the stroma on reflection from the pigmented epithelium.
Kidney: Body organ that filters blood for the secretion of URINE and that regulates ion concentrations.
Retina: The ten-layered nervous tissue membrane of the eye. It is continuous with the OPTIC NERVE and receives images of external objects and transmits visual impulses to the brain. Its outer surface is in contact with the CHOROID and the inner surface with the VITREOUS BODY. The outer-most layer is pigmented, whereas the inner nine layers are transparent.
Stomach: An organ of digestion situated in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen between the termination of the ESOPHAGUS and the beginning of the DUODENUM.