Use the alphabetical index for the main term hyperaldosteronism to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Hyperaldosteronism - E26.9 Hyperaldosteronism, unspecified
- familial (type I) - E26.02 Glucocorticoid-remediable aldosteronism
- glucocorticoid-remediable - E26.02 Glucocorticoid-remediable aldosteronism
- primary (due to (bilateral) adrenal hyperplasia) - E26.09 Other primary hyperaldosteronism
- primary NEC - E26.09 Other primary hyperaldosteronism
- secondary - E26.1 Secondary hyperaldosteronism
- specified NEC - E26.89 Other hyperaldosteronism
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to hyperaldosteronism within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Hyperaldosteronism: A condition caused by the overproduction of ALDOSTERONE. It is characterized by sodium retention and potassium excretion with resultant HYPERTENSION and HYPOKALEMIA.