"Endometriosis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Endometriosis - N80.9 Endometriosis, unspecified
- appendix - N80.5 Endometriosis of intestine
- bladder - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- bowel - N80.5 Endometriosis of intestine
- broad ligament - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- cervix - N80.0 Endometriosis of uterus
- colon - N80.5 Endometriosis of intestine
- cul-de-sac (Douglas') - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- exocervix - N80.0 Endometriosis of uterus
- fallopian tube - N80.2 Endometriosis of fallopian tube
- female genital organ NEC - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- gallbladder - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- in scar of skin - N80.6 Endometriosis in cutaneous scar
- internal - N80.0 Endometriosis of uterus
- intestine - N80.5 Endometriosis of intestine
- lung - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- myometrium - N80.0 Endometriosis of uterus
- ovary - N80.1 Endometriosis of ovary
- parametrium - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- pelvic peritoneum - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- peritoneal (pelvic) - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- rectovaginal septum - N80.4 Endometriosis of rectovaginal septum and vagina
- rectum - N80.5 Endometriosis of intestine
- round ligament - N80.3 Endometriosis of pelvic peritoneum
- skin (scar) - N80.6 Endometriosis in cutaneous scar
- specified site NEC - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- stromal - D39.0 Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of uterus
- thorax - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- umbilicus - N80.8 Other endometriosis
- uterus (internal) - N80.0 Endometriosis of uterus
- vagina - N80.4 Endometriosis of rectovaginal septum and vagina
- vulva - N80.8 Other endometriosis
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Appendix: A worm-like blind tube extension from the CECUM.
Broad Ligament: A broad fold of peritoneum that extends from the side of the uterus to the wall of the pelvis.
Cervix Uteri: The neck portion of the UTERUS between the lower isthmus and the VAGINA forming the cervical canal.
Colon: The segment of LARGE INTESTINE between the CECUM and the RECTUM. It includes the ASCENDING COLON; the TRANSVERSE COLON; the DESCENDING COLON; and the SIGMOID COLON.
Endometriosis: A condition in which functional endometrial tissue is present outside the UTERUS. It is often confined to the PELVIS involving the OVARY, the ligaments, cul-de-sac, and the uterovesical peritoneum.
Fallopian Tubes: A pair of highly specialized muscular canals extending from the UTERUS to its corresponding OVARY. They provide the means for OVUM collection, and the site for the final maturation of gametes and FERTILIZATION. The fallopian tube consists of an interstitium, an isthmus, an ampulla, an infundibulum, and fimbriae. Its wall consists of three histologic layers: serous, muscular, and an internal mucosal layer lined with both ciliated and secretory cells.
Gallbladder: A storage reservoir for BILE secretion. Gallbladder allows the delivery of bile acids at a high concentration and in a controlled manner, via the CYSTIC DUCT to the DUODENUM, for degradation of dietary lipid.
Intestines: The section of the alimentary canal from the STOMACH to the ANAL CANAL. It includes the LARGE INTESTINE and SMALL INTESTINE.
Lung: Either of the pair of organs occupying the cavity of the thorax that effect the aeration of the blood.
Myometrium: The smooth muscle coat of the uterus, which forms the main mass of the organ.
Ovary: The reproductive organ (GONADS) in female animals. In vertebrates, the ovary contains two functional parts: the OVARIAN FOLLICLE for the production of female germ cells (OOGENESIS); and the endocrine cells (GRANULOSA CELLS; THECA CELLS; and LUTEAL CELLS) for the production of ESTROGENS and PROGESTERONE.
Rectum: The distal segment of the LARGE INTESTINE, between the SIGMOID COLON and the ANAL CANAL.
Thorax: The upper part of the trunk between the NECK and the ABDOMEN. It contains the chief organs of the circulatory and respiratory systems. (From Stedman, 25th ed)
Umbilicus: The pit in the center of the ABDOMINAL WALL marking the point where the UMBILICAL CORD entered in the FETUS.
Vagina: The genital canal in the female, extending from the UTERUS to the VULVA. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Vulva: The external genitalia of the female. It includes the CLITORIS, the labia, the vestibule, and its glands.