"Distension, distention" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Distension, distention
- abdomen - R14.0 Abdominal distension (gaseous)
- bladder - N32.89 Other specified disorders of bladder
- cecum - K63.89 Other specified diseases of intestine
- colon - K63.89 Other specified diseases of intestine
- gallbladder - K82.8 Other specified diseases of gallbladder
- intestine - K63.89 Other specified diseases of intestine
- kidney - N28.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter
- liver - K76.89 Other specified diseases of liver
- seminal vesicle - N50.89 Other specified disorders of the male genital organs
- stomach - K31.89 Other diseases of stomach and duodenum
- ureter - See: Dilatation, ureter;
- uterus - N85.8 Other specified noninflammatory disorders of uterus
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Abdomen: That portion of the body that lies between the THORAX and the PELVIS.
Cecum: The blind sac or outpouching area of the LARGE INTESTINE that is below the entrance of the SMALL INTESTINE. It has a worm-like extension, the vermiform APPENDIX.
Colon: The segment of LARGE INTESTINE between the CECUM and the RECTUM. It includes the ASCENDING COLON; the TRANSVERSE COLON; the DESCENDING COLON; and the SIGMOID COLON.
Gallbladder: A storage reservoir for BILE secretion. Gallbladder allows the delivery of bile acids at a high concentration and in a controlled manner, via the CYSTIC DUCT to the DUODENUM, for degradation of dietary lipid.
Intestines: The section of the alimentary canal from the STOMACH to the ANAL CANAL. It includes the LARGE INTESTINE and SMALL INTESTINE.
Kidney: Body organ that filters blood for the secretion of URINE and that regulates ion concentrations.
Liver: A large lobed glandular organ in the abdomen of vertebrates that is responsible for detoxification, metabolism, synthesis and storage of various substances.
Seminal Vesicles: A saclike, glandular diverticulum on each ductus deferens in male vertebrates. It is united with the excretory duct and serves for temporary storage of semen. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Stomach: An organ of digestion situated in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen between the termination of the ESOPHAGUS and the beginning of the DUODENUM.
Ureter: One of a pair of thick-walled tubes that transports urine from the KIDNEY PELVIS to the URINARY BLADDER.
Uterus: The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.