Diagnosis Code 375.89
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- H04.89 - Other disorders of lacrimal system (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Acquired displacement of punctum lacrimale
- Defective tear drainage
- Divided lacrimal canaliculus
- Fluorescein tear drainage impaired
- Lacrimal drainage - not patent
- Lacrimal drainage - patent only on punctal occlusion
- Lacrimal drainage - reduced patency
- Lacrimal regurgitation
- Mucoid lacrimal regurgitation
- Mucopurulent lacrimal regurgitation
- Scarring of caruncle of eye
- Stenosis of lacrimal system
- Tear drainage disorder
- Watery lacrimal regurgitation
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 375.89 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Disease, diseased - SEE ALSO See Also
A “see also” instruction following a main term in the index instructs that there is another main term that may also be referenced that may provide additional index entries that may be useful. It is not necessary to follow the “see also” note when the original main term provides the necessary code. Syndrome
- lacrimal system (apparatus) (passages) 375.9
Information for Patients
You may only think of tears as those salty drops that fall from your eyes when you cry. Actually, your tears clean your eyes every time you blink. Tears also keep your eyes moist, which is important for your vision.
Tear glands produce tears, and tear ducts carry the tears from the glands to the surface of your eye. Problems with the tear system can include too many tears, too few tears, or problems with the tear ducts. Treatment of the problem depends on the cause.
- Blocked tear duct
- Dry eye syndrome
- Dry eyes