- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Intentional self-harm by gun for single hand use
- Intentional self-harm by pistol
- Intentional self-harm by revolver
- 7th Characters: 7th Characters
Certain ICD-10-CM categories have applicable 7th characters. The applicable 7th character is required for all codes within the category, or as the notes in the Tabular List instruct. The 7th character must always be the 7th character in the data field. If a code that requires a 7th character is not 6 characters, a placeholder X must be used to fill in the empty characters.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to code X72
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Very pistol (X74.8)
External causes of morbidity and mortality (V01–Y98)
Intentional self-harm (X71-X83)
- X72 - Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge NON-BILLABLE CODE
- X72.XXXA - Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge, init encntr BILLABLE CODE
- X72.XXXD - Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge, subs encntr BILLABLE CODE
- X72.XXXS - Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge, sequela BILLABLE CODE
Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge (X72)