- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Accident NOS
- Exposure NOS
- 7th Characters: 7th Characters
Certain ICD-10-CM categories have applicable 7th characters. The applicable 7th character is required for all codes within the category, or as the notes in the Tabular List instruct. The 7th character must always be the 7th character in the data field. If a code that requires a 7th character is not 6 characters, a placeholder X must be used to fill in the empty characters.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to code X58
External causes of morbidity and mortality (V01–Y98)
Accidental exposure to other specified factors (X52-X58)
- X58 - Exposure to other specified factors NON-BILLABLE CODE
- X58.XXXA - Exposure to other specified factors, initial encounter BILLABLE CODE
- X58.XXXD - Exposure to other specified factors, subsequent encounter BILLABLE CODE
- X58.XXXS - Exposure to other specified factors, sequela BILLABLE CODE
Exposure to other specified factors (X58)